Sunday, January 1, 2012

Gold Dust

The dawn of 2012 has been welcoming and glorious to say the least. Last night I took a minute to reflect upon 2011. While it was eventful it also had it trials and tribulations to say the least. I suppose anything worth having should entails those factors i.e. the trials and tribulations.

This time last year I was counting down the days, as time was more than precious to complete what I dedicated my life too, that is, the book as I like to call it or formally known as my dissertation. Now, while I will like to recant the glorious ins and outs of that process I rather save a little for the history books – fugitively speak of course.

Therefore, with the dawn of 2012 in front of me I felt the need to be: easy, breezy and carefree. Meeting with a few mates for dinner was just the way to do that. Here’s the little number I pieced together for the night.

Shrug: TradeEx, Basic White Top:  Walmart

Trousers: Village Discount, Boots: Hounslow High Street

Wanting to have a bit of sparkle but not over the top (after all it was a house gathering) I was able to adorn a simple with top with my brown/gold shrug of a sort. I was able to grab this TradeEx for a quid, at the time I thought what can I do with it, but it sure is cute :) (any rational for a purchase is better than non at all). With my upper half covered everything else just seemed to fall into place. Brown stripped pant (enough room for eats – check) Tan boots (cozy comfortable and warm – check). Time piece for the count down and a few simple piece – “viola”!

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by!